Breast Cancer Family Foundation – Job Opening
Job Title: Community Educator
Reports To: BCFF Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and as guided by the Board, the Community Educator will organize and perform BCFF cancer awareness/prevention presentations for schools and community groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides educational presentations that inspire people in the community to lead cancer-free healthy lifestyles. Activities include promoting health discussions and cancer awareness in classrooms and the community, delivering the presentations, coordinating additional survivor speakers, and promoting the educational programs with the schools and community organizations.
- Expands the footprint of the organization by developing new educational opportunities.
- Coordinates classroom activities that pertain to health education.
- Works with Executive Director to ensure the continual revision of presentation materials.
- Coordinates and supervises classroom survivor speakers.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience presenting in front of a class room or small groups
- Knowledge of health, nutrition, and cancer awareness preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates a passion for the foundation’s vision and mission.
- Comfortable and effective when presenting educational information to various groups and students.
- Ability to use PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated competencies include interpersonal, oral and written communication, respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, cost consciousness, adaptability, initiative, innovation, and ethical.
- Communicates effectively.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Must be able to travel, generally within a 60 mile radius of the BCFF office. Must be able to flex schedule to meet needs of the customer and BCFF activities. Hours may vary and on an infrequent basis may include some nights and weekends based on presentation requests.
- Current driver’s license is required along with the ability to demonstrate a clean driving record and provide proof of insurance.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part-time position, hours based on school needs. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com