Breast Cancer Family Foundation – Job Opening
Job Title: Event Planner
Reports To: BCFF Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for coordinating events and fundraisers, including planning, booking venue’s, negotiating resources, facilitating event planning and cultivating a volunteer pool ensuring the event runs smoothly. Works independently within authorized limits, duties are performed under direction of the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Executes on the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the BCFF efforts as directed by the Executive Director; reports outcome to the Executive Director.
- Manages and coordinates event and fundraising per the direction and foundation of the Executive Director and BCFF mission.
- Coordinates and facilitates event committees in cultivation of sponsorship, donor, volunteer, and participant relationships.
- Manages/coordinates special events and event logistics; event budget; event venue and plan layout; develops detailed project plan and executes tasks within timeframes using proven organizational skills; cultivates event volunteer pools.
- Secure event communication, vendors and sponsors.
- Coordinate promotional materials for event as directed by the Executive Director.
- Manage correspondence and reporting for the event.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of events promotional items and supplies.
Supervisory & Leadership Responsibilities
- Displays passion and optimism; supports organization’s goals and values; encourages others to fulfill the vision.
- Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years event planning/fund-raising related experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with fundraising and event planning.
- Experience working within a non-profit environment and/or utilizing community resources is a plus.
- Knowledge of health, nutrition, and cancer awareness is a plus.
- Experience in planning and executing sporting events, organized races, etc. is a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities
- In this role it is paramount to demonstrate a passion for the foundation’s vision and mission.
- Demonstrated competencies include: project management, problem solving, decision making, technical, interpersonal, oral and written communication, respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, cost consciousness, adaptability, initiative, innovation, and ethical.
- Time management skill is required.
- Current driver’s license is required along with the ability to demonstrate a clean driving record and provide proof of insurance.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part-time position, hours will vary based on event needs. (On average, 8 hours/week up to 30 hours/week during peak times.)
CORE events will include:
- Titletown Bike Tour (July)
- Lure for a Cure (September)
- Pink Pumpkin walk/run (October)
- Other events as deemed necessary
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org